Plants, trees, and shrubs can deteriorate if they are not taken care of properly. Two very important measures that should be taken to protect your trees and ornamental plants are trimming during the summer season, and pruning for the off-season.
Trees, shrubs, and ornamental plants need to be trimmed at the appropriate time to ensure they remain vibrant throughout the season. Trimming takes place after the normal flowering has been completed, usually between the months of June and September. There are several benefits to trimming your trees and shrubs:
- Improves the health of your plants.
- Allows flowering and growth to reach its maximum potential.
- Keeps your yard/garden looking fresh, neat, and clean over-all.
As the seasons turn, the switch from hot weather to cold weather can put your plants, trees, and shrubs into shock, if not addressed beforehand. Additionally, leaving overgrown, diseased, or damaged plants in your yard during the winter can promote spreading. It is imperative to include pruning as part of your seasonal upkeep. The benefits of pruning include:
- Decreasing the weight of your plants, trees, and shrubs by removing dead/deteriorated branches and stems.
- Improves the over-all health of your plants while stimulating new growth.
- Gets rid of disease, infestation, and structural issues.
It’s important to keep your plants, trees, and shrubs healthy year-round to ensure your yard stays looking neat and clean. Contact Grasshopper Gardens for a free estimate today!