Grasshopper Gardens understands that you’re concerned about the environment, and provides organic lawn care for people living in and around Albany and Saratoga, NY. Going with a more natural option doesn’t mean that you have to give up the rest of your life tending to your lawn. It means planting what will do well in your climate, watering deeply but infrequently, and minimizing the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
Benefits of an Organic Program
- Builds organic matter in the soil, increasing soil health.
- Stimulates natural soil life.
- Strengthens plants’ natural defense system.
- Improves root growth.
- Reduces drought stress.
Our organic program focuses on mechanical methods to create desirable conditions for the lawn to grow. An organic fertilizer is spread four times per season to provide nutrients to the soil.
- Treating lawn with a homogeneous organic fertilizer.
- Aeration in spring and fall.
- Topdressing with organically composted soil in the fall.
- Overseeding with cool season grass mixture in the fall.
Phone 518.793.9623 or request a quote for specialized natural lawn care in and around Albany and Saratoga, NY.