Contact Grasshopper Gardens, the premier lawn care company serving across the Lake George to Capitol Region , NY, if you need mechanical seeding or over seeding services. We’ll work with you to nurture your lawn to the point where your home stands out and amazes anyone that walks by.
Mechanical Seeding: Enhance Your Lawn
Over seeding is a natural way to promote lawn health and growth for your home in Albany or Saratoga, NY. Grasshopper Gardens supports organic lawn maintenance wherever possible. Our seeding programs make use of premium quality grass seed to enhance lawn coverage and vibrancy. We believe that a healthy lawn begins with quality seed.
The Over Seeding Process Consists Of
- Aeration before seeding to remove thatch and ensure nutrients, sunlight, air and water reach the seeds
- Top Dressing the lawn with compost to supply essential nutrients for growth
- Mechanical Seeding to apply the seeds to the lawn
- Hydro-seeding for new lawns or to repair large sections
Over seeding is an effective way to promote healthy grass growth and thicken some thin areas of your lawn. An experienced lawn technician for Grasshopper Gardens can explain the benefits in detail as well as help you make the right choice.
Nutrient Rich Top Dressing with Compost to Nurture Your Lawn
Over time, your lawn is depleted of its essential nutrients. This causes your grass to weaken and become susceptible to temperature fluctuations and disease. Top dressing with compost by Grasshopper Gardens puts back these important nutrients that your lawn needs to stay healthy and strong.
The Benefits of Top Dressing with Compost
- Improves soil quality and fertility therefore providing essential nutrients for the grass roots
- Protects the soil and grass roots from extreme weather which reduces lawn stress
- Improves and thickens grass growth which in turn discourages weeds
- Enhances the water retention capacity of the soil
- Acts as a natural fertilizer
- Keeps thatch under control
Mechanical seeding is the most effective way for our Albany and Saratoga, NY based customers to over seed an existing lawn. This process requires the use of a machine that evenly disperses seeds then mechanically pushes them into your lawn. This is the most effective way to over seed because it achieves great seed to soil contact with minimal invasion to the existing lawn.
- Seeds are dispersed at measured intervals to ensure even distribution
- They are placed at the right depth which favors germination
- Minimal damage to existing lawn
- Achieves great seed to soil contact
Grasshopper Gardens only deploys trained and experienced lawn care technicians to ensure a job well done. Our slit seeding service can make a significant difference to grass growth. Plus you can take advantage of our fertilization program to ensure it remains healthy.
Request a quote for slit seeding to create a thick and lush lawn.