Mulching is one of the best things you can do for the plants, shrubs and trees at your home in Lake George to the Capitol District, NY. It forms an insulating blanket around the roots protecting them from heat and cold while giving your garden an attractive appearance. The quality and type of mulch plays an important role in plant health.
The Benefits of Mulching
- Forms a protective top layer protecting your plants and trees from temperature fluctuations and extreme weather.
- Improves soil quality by adding organic matter when it breaks down.
- Suppresses the growth of weeds.
- Helps soil remain moist reducing evaporation and heat stress.
- Protects tree root zone from mowing and trimming equipment.
- Gives planting beds and planters a finished appearance.
Grasshopper Gardens offers mulching services as part of landscape maintenance. Our detail-oriented staff will edge your beds to a depth of about 4” and then apply mulch, creating a crisp, defined line between the lawn and planting beds. Proper edging prevents the lawn from growing into the beds.
Mulch Blowing Method Gives a Finished and Attractive Appearance
Mulch blowing makes the mulching exercise more efficient, offering a more uniform look by applying approximately a 1” layer of mulch in the planting beds. Grasshopper Gardens invests in the latest equipment to boost efficiency and outcome. We employ the mulch blowing method to give your garden an attractive appearance as well as get the job done proficiently.
Grasshopper Gardens has over 20 years of experience in lawn care and landscape maintenance. Our goal of superior customer service and our exceptional work makes it absolutely worthwhile for our customers.