Enhance your outdoor living space with a custom fire pit or fire place from Grasshopper Gardens. A fire pit creates a comfortable space perfect for gathering with friends and family. They also extend the amount of time you’re able to enjoy your outdoor space thanks to the warmth provided by the fire. A well-designed and well-built fire pit or fireplace can also add value to your home, making it a smart investment if you plan to sell your home in the future.
Things to Consider
It’s important to work with a professional to ensure that the job is done well so you can enjoy your new fire pit or fireplace for years to come. While a fire pit can be as simple or complicated as you’d like, there are a few things to take in to consideration before construction begins:
- The best location. Consider factors such as convenience, safety, and space availability.
- Determine the best shape and size based on how many people you want to accommodate, the height and arrangement of seating, and traffic flow.
- Local building codes that can impact where the fire place or pit can be located, when you can use it and what types of wood you can burn.
- The ability to run a gas line if you’re hoping to have a propane or natural gas fire pit installed.
Depending on the style you’re looking for, there are several different materials to choose from for your fire pit or fireplace. Natural stone, brick, or concrete are all good options as they’re waterproof and heat-resistant. Matching the material to an existing patio, walkway or other hardscape will give your yard flow and consistency.
If you need help deciding on the best materials for your project, a Grasshopper Gardens expert will be happy to advise on which material will look and function the best during our initial meeting.
When deciding on the design of your fire pit or fireplace, there are several questions to ask yourself.
- Do you want a “campfire” feel?
- Do you want a raised or in-ground fire pit?
- Do you want to incorporate other features such as a pizza oven?
- Do you want to tend to a fire while enjoying your fire pit?
If you like a more traditional feel and don’t mind tending to a fire, a wood burning fire pit may be your best choice. You can even incorporate a wood burning grill or pizza oven for a truly unique feature!
If you desire the warmth and ambiance from a fire pit or fireplace but don’t want to tend to a fire, you may want to consider a propane or natural gas option. These types of fire pits can have a recessed design for a seamless integration into your patio. Opt to have a natural gas line installed and you’ll never have to worry about running out of wood.
Why Grasshopper Gardens?
With over 30 years of experience, we can design and build a fire pit or fire place that you and your family will enjoy for years to come. We work with only high-quality materials and take all the necessary precautions to ensure that the job is done right. We’ll design the fire pit of your dreams that is unique to your home and style!
Contact us today to learn more and get a free quote!