Whether you’ve recently purchased a piece of property, you’re attempting to sell property, or your green thumb isn’t as green as you thought it was, there is one task that seems to loom over many: overgrown yard cleanup. It can create unnecessary stress for those involved, like where to start, what tools are needed, what plants are actually weeds, but with the right knowledge and tips it doesn’t need to be stressful!
The Best Way to Clear Overgrown Yards
- Work in stages: At first glance, spending a day or two clearing a yard that has become overgrown may seem like the best route. However, depending on the severity and work that needs to be done, this is a lot to do in a day, even two days, unless you have a team of professionals handling the job for you.
- Remove the debris: Depending on how long the yard has gone without being maintained, the amount of debris that needs to be removed will vary. Whether the debris is litter or fallen pine cones, it will need to be removed before mowing begins, removing plants, defining areas, or putting in new plants.
- Mow open areas: Heavily overgrown areas riddled with weeds, tall grass, even removing young saplings is a large task to take on and can take quite a while especially if you don’t have the proper equipment. For difficult areas or overgrown weeds, a brush mower is amongst the ideal equipment to take care of an overgrown lawn in order to make it thrive once again.
- Define edges: With the open area finally cleared, it’s time to tackle the edges. Whether it’s along a fence, stone wall or patio, even a garden, your landscape has edges that need defining and maintenance. Giving them the precision trimming they need helps to remove weeds while giving your landscape the curb appeal you desire.
- Talk to a professional: In all likelihood, if you need to clear an overgrown backyard it will be a lot of work and will take up too much of your personal time. Our experts have been providing quality care and maintenance for the greater Capital Region for more than 20 years so you can enjoy life outdoors as much as possible. Allow us to do the work for you, so you can enjoy time with family or friends, rather than worry about yardwork taking over your downtime. Contact us today to get started!