When it comes to landscaping and lawn care, Grasshopper Gardens has you covered. However, there are still some things you can do this month to benefit your landscape and ensure that it will thrive through the winter and be ready for spring.
- Put covers over your shrubs to protect from snow damage.
- If you have mulch, make sure it is 3-4 inches deep to protect from the cold.
- Remove leaves from bed areas. Keep doing this as long as there isn’t snow covering it up! You can also keep the leaves and make them into mulch.
- Apply your last round of winter fertilizer.
- Plant any spring-blooming bulbs before the ground freezes.
- Continue to water.
- Try substituting sand or kitty litter for salt – it will do less damage to planting areas.
- Begin thinking about your landscaping plans for next spring!
Grasshopper Gardens is here through all seasons to help you out. Contact us today if you are looking for a landscaper in Albany, NY for a free estimate on lawn care, landscaping services, snow removal, and more!