Patios & Walkways in Albany and Saratoga Springs, NY
At Grasshopper Gardens we specialize in designing and building patios and walkways in the greater Capital Region. Using only the best materials, our team will expertly build a patio or walkway that you’ll enjoy for years to come.
Patio and Walkway Materials
While material is often determined by budget, there are countless materials and styles to choose from no matter how much you’re looking to spend. The most common options include:
- Pavers – Varied colors and shapes of interlocking pavers can create a stunning patio or walkway.
- Natural Stone – Stone patios and walkways including flagstone, bluestone and granite add timeless beauty to any landscape. They hold up well against the elements, allowing your hardscape to stand the test of time.
Benefits of A Patio
- Extended Living Space – Once your patio is complete with outdoor furniture, the space becomes ideal for dining, entertaining and playing with your kids or pet.
- Increased Property Value – A patio will increase the value of your home if you choose to sell it in the future. Having a designated space to entertain outside makes a home more appealing to buyers.
- Lower Your Energy Bills – Cooking, entertaining and spending time outside during the summer can reduce your utility expenses. Include a pergola or awning in your patio design to create shade and make the space a more comfortable area to relax.
Benefits of a Walkway
- Protect Your Grass – A walkway directs the flow of traffic and protects your lawn from people walking on it.
- Cohesion – Link any gazebos, pools, outdoor kitchens, or other areas of your landscape with a walkway.
- Visual Appeal – Above all else, walkways are a beautiful addition to any home. Line the walkway with flowers, shrubs, and outdoor lighting for additional curb appeal.
What to Consider When Planning A Patio or Walkway
- Are there any existing elements you’ll need to consider? Does your yard slope? Will you need stairs from the house to the patio?
- What size do you want your patio or walkway to be? Your patio or walkway should be proportionate to the rest of your landscape design as well as your home to create a cohesive appearance.
- Shape – Our design team can assist in determining the best shape to maximize function and incorporate seamlessly with any existing elements.
- Function – Patios and walkways are high traffic areas. Choosing a material that can stand up to foot traffic and the weather is important. You should also consider choosing a material that is non-slip and easy to clean.
- Timing – Patios and walkways should be installed during a dry period when the temperature is above freezing. Most people prefer spring so they can enjoy their new patio all summer and into the fall, however, installations can be scheduled anytime dry skies and mild temps prevail.
- Budget – Depending on the materials used, size, and features, patios and walkways can vary significantly in cost. Our team will work with you to discuss your budget and options and come up with a plan for a beautiful new patio or walkway that best fits your needs.
The Grasshopper Gardens Difference
Our team of experts can answer the questions you have and guide you in designing the right patio or walkway for your home. We will ensure your patio or walkway is installed correctly so it will look its best and last as long as possible. Slate and stone can crack and loosen if not laid down correctly, so you want to make sure the job is done right.
Whether you’re looking to complete an extensive project or simply wanting to create a small backyard retreat, Grasshopper Gardens can help. We’ll work with you every step of the way to design the patio or walkway you’ve envisioned. Contact us today to learn more about our design process, the materials we use, and to receive a free quote.