New Sod Installation in the Capital Region
You can choose from sod or hydroseeding installation when you need a new lawn in and around Saratoga, NY. Sod is the ideal solution when a fast turnaround time is the desired result. If your landscape needs to be spruced up in a short amount of time, whether it’s for a big event or even the sale of the property, then sodding the lawn will help increase the curb appeal.
Sod is grass that has already been planted. It comes in sections of grass and soil held together by roots or other materials. If you’re looking for quick installation with positive results, then this the ideal way to install your new lawn.
The Advantages of Sod:
The main benefits of sod installations opposed to traditional seed methods are more than evident immediately after the installation is complete. There are additional benefits that prove the value of sod over other methods.
- Soil protection: Using a broadcast seeding method leaves your soil susceptible to elements such as high wind and heavy rainfall. As opposed to sod which covers and protects the soil.
- Instant lawn: For areas that are bare, or for a new lawn installation, your lawn will be completed as soon as the sod is installed, whereas seeded lawns will take a week or longer for germination. Erosion control: Prior to installation, sod goes through the stages of becoming mature which makes it ideal for installations on slopes and steep hills where stabilization is necessary.
Tips for Successful Sod Growth
Whether you choose sod or grass seed for your new lawn, proper ground preparation is necessary for a lawn to thrive. The way your sod is cared for after installation will either help it grow and thrive or it can hinder its rate of success.
- Proper watering: Compared to grass seeds, sod does not require quite as much irrigation, but the soil does need to be kept moist to encourage healthy growth. Once the sod has developed a healthy root system, it will not require as much water in its schedule.
- Mowing schedule: Your lawn should be 3 inches or taller before it is mowed and, ideally, it should be dry. Rather than sticking to a rigid schedule, like mowing every Saturday, monitor the sod’s growth to determine when it should be mowed. To take the guessing out of it, allow our professionals to handle the task for you.
- Fertilize: Nutrients found in fertilizer are pertinent for your sod to maintain the ideal health and proper growth. Too much fertilizer, or not enough, can damage the lawn.
With over 20 years of landscaping experience, trained staff, the latest equipment and an unwavering commitment to top quality work has made us the top choice for landscape installation and maintenance.
Grasshopper Gardens uses premium quality sod to lay the foundation for a strong and disease-resistant new lawn. We also offer professional lawn care services to keep your grass looking green and fresh.
Request a quote for sod lawn installation in and around Saratoga, NY.