Grasshopper Gardens provides lawn fertilization, crabgrass and grub control for people living in Albany and Saratoga, NY. Your grass battles weather, pests and disease on a daily basis, and needs regular attention. Preparing it for the frigid weather is as important as getting it ready for the growing season. Our experienced lawn technicians use proven processes and fertilization treatments to help keep your grass healthy and green!
The benefits of a healthy lawn go beyond curb appeal:
- Reduces soil erosion and water runoff
- Traps and help control dust
- Cools your outdoor living area
- Increases value of home and property
At Grasshopper Gardens our lawn fertilization programs create lush and healthy lawns that are pest and disease free. We can customize our fertilization programs which range from basic lawn care to a full spectrum control of pests and disease prevention.
Our Lawn Care Program will help protect your landscape from nuisances such as weeds, crabgrass and grubs!
Grubs, for example, are the immature form of different scarab beetles, such as the Japanese beetles or June bugs (beetles) and they have the ability to feed on the roots of your lawn’s grass which causes the lawn to die and turn brown. Grubs can also attract the attention of their natural predators such as skunks or raccoons which can lead to the critters destroying your lawn while looking for grubs to eat. Both of these scenarios will leave you with a lawn in dire need of special care and attention.
How to identify a grub issue:
- As the temperature begins to warm up during the spring, keep an eye on your lawn. If you have a brown patch (or patches) that never turn green, this could be due to a grub issue.
- The appearance of irregularly shaped dead (or brown) patches in your well-irrigated lawn during the summer months, especially later in the season.
- If pests such as birds, skunks, raccoons, or moles are digging up your lawn they are more than likely on the hunt for grubs to eat. These animals also enjoy eating earthworms, so it’s important to have the experts of Grasshopper Gardens asses the issue in order to form the proper plan for treatment.
- Your lawn’s turf has started to feel “spongy”. Prior to the appearance of brown spots, your lawn may feel spongy. If your lawn is well-watered, this may be an early sign of a grub issue.
Grubs, among other pests, can be detrimental to your lawn which is why Grasshopper Gardens encourages you to sign up with our Lawn Care Program. With over 20 years of experience protecting lawns in the Capital Region, we are committed to giving your lawn the treatment it deserves. We also guarantee our grub control!
Root feeding is also an effective way to enhance plant resistance to disease. When combined with our proven Lawn Care Program, you can enjoy an outdoor living area that has plants that are healthy and pest free!
Crabgrass is an annual weed that can soon overrun your entire lawn. Each plant is capable of producing as many as 150,000 seeds per season. It has a different texture and color than grass that interrupts the uniformity of a lawn. Crabgrass usually invades lawns during the spring and summer and then leaves large voids in the fall and winter when it dies off.
Grasshopper Gardens utilizes a combination of crabgrass control options for Albany and Saratoga, NY residents, giving them long term control. Our pre-emergent herbicides prevent seed germination and are applied in early to mid-April offering added assurance against crabgrass invasion. Our post emergent treatments make sure the weed doesn’t get out of hand.
Year-Round Weed Control
Weed control is also a year- round effort. Even if your lawn is perfectly healthy, weeds from the neighboring lawn or seeds that blow over with the wind can ultimately reach your lawn. The thicker and healthier your grass is, the less opportunity for weeds to grow.
Grasshopper Gardens offers year-round fertilization and lawn care programs which combine weed control treatments. We can prevent small problems from becoming serious infestations that can overrun your entire lawn.