The Northern Hackberry has leaves shaped like spearheads with serrated upper halves. It produces small, dark red drupes that turn dark purple as they mature in mid-autumn, then berry-like fruits persist into the winter. It also has a broad crown with arching branches, corky ridges, and warts on its trunk and branches that grow in a rounded, vase-like shape.
20 in stock
|3 - 4||$189.00|
Tree sizes are between 5 to 14 feet tall (varies per variety), 1” and 2 ½” caliper, and are grown in 7-15 gallon sized nursery pot.
The Purchase and Installation* of Any Tree Includes: (*Click Box above to Add installation)
- A Tree Welcome Kit – to be mailed upon purchase
- Information sheet about the type of tree you select and how to care for your new tree
- White wood location stake
- Place the stake in the ground where you want the tree planted
- The tree delivered and planted (*Installation)
- Support staking and tying
- Trunk protector
- Black Mulch around the root ball
- Fertilized and watered at time of planting
The Grasshopper Tree Guarantee
We at Grasshopper Gardens guarantee trees purchased and installed by our trained crew. If you are not satisfied within the first 5 days of the planting of your trees give us a call so we can make it right. Trees and plants are living organisms and require care, maintenance and protection in order to survive, root in and establish properly. Trees that do not survive despite receiving the proper care, maintenance and protection within the first year will be considered for a one-time replacement.
Small Monoecious Flowers
Green in Summer, Yellow in Fall