Hydroseeding Lawn Installation in the Capital Region
Hydroseeding is often the preferred way to install new lawns. In this method a slurry, typically seed, fertilizer, tackifier, fiber-mulch, and water, are mixed inside a tank and then sprayed onto the designated area. This method is preferred to traditional methods, including dry broadcast seeding, which can be tedious, and the results aren’t as plentiful as the results from hydroseeding.
Benefits of Hydroseeding
A modern and versatile method used for many installations and application sites including slopes, embankments, and construction sites, hydroseeding holds many benefits and yields substantial results.
- Time: The hydroseeding installation process is more than 50% faster than traditional methods which can save on time and costs. Additionally, the tackifying agent found in the slurry binds to the soil in an effective way that produces grass quicker than traditional seeding methods.
- Erosion control: Hydroseeding maintains a level of erosion control which benefits the landscape and surrounding areas. Because mulch is often one of the materials used in the slurry, as the mixture reaches a firmer state, it naturally prevents erosion to the area.
- Faster germination: The nutrient-rich slurry and fibers help maintain moisture which promotes faster germination and with proper lawn maintenance techniques promotes a healthier, vibrant lawn.
Tips for Successful Hydroseeding
In addition to the advantages of hydroseeding, it typically becomes the most cost-effective option for your new lawn, construction area, or other areas in need of erosion control. For the hydroseeding installation to be a success, it's important to keep a few tips in mind.
- Prep the soil: The state of the soil is important to the success of the hydroseeding process. If your soil is compact, it will be difficult for the seed slurry trying to create roots. Aerating , in addition to other methods, can help increase the chance of successful germination.
- Proper watering: While the hydroseeding process requires less water than other methods, it is important to ensure the germinated seeds receive adequate water so that they take root and flourish.
- Fertilize: The hydroseeding slurry contains fertilizer, but, your lawn may require an additional fertilizer application. New seeds don’t have a strong root system, fertilizing early on stimulates and encourages a healthy root system.
- Hire a professional: It is possible to handle the hydroseeding process on your own, but to truly ensure a proper installation, new growth, and a healthy lawn, your best option is to work with a team of professional experts.
Our experts have more than 20 years of experience creating and maintaining healthy landscapes throughout the Capital Region. Our unwavering commitment to providing quality work and craftsmanship makes us the ideal choice when it comes to your landscape.
Grasshopper Gardens takes the time to ensure that the soil is properly graded and prepped prior to hydroseeding, providing the best conditions for a flourishing lawn. Quality results are of the utmost importance to us.
Call 518-793-9623 to schedule a consultation for hydroseeding a new lawn in Albany or Saratoga, NY.